Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Garden of Eden in Alaska

That's right. There is a tiny green house down the street from where my parents live and my dad took me there a few days ago so I could see it for myself. You would never know this place was even there; 1) Because we live in Alaska. All the plants are covered in snow and ice this time of year 2) It's pretty far off the main road. Now, it may not actually be a garden of Eden, but it's pretty darn close.

When I walked in I was instantly hit with a wave of warmth and humidity. I had to remove my down filled coat after about 30 seconds inside. There were birds chirping, a tiny stream trickling, and green plants everywhere. It was a beautiful sight for my Winter sore eyes. Good thing I brought my camera!

Below are some of the photos I got around to editing in Light Room. I downloaded the 30 day trial. It's actually quite user friendly! I watched a few videos on how to you it on You Tube, per the advice of my PR photographer Noel Del Pilar. Thanks Noel! I'm loving it!







I love terra cotta pots. Visions of Italy dance in my head when I see some.




You would not believe how many different kinds of cactus they had there.








We think these might be grape fruit. We'll have to check back later to make sure.


Lady Bugs!!!


I was about to snap the picture when my dad started giving me advice on framing. This was a happy accident. I love my dad's hands. I will cherish this photo forever.




It was a great experience. I can't wait to go back and just sit and enjoy the place. I hope you enjoyed these photos!

No comments: